Basically the general guidelines

  1. we will allow ourselves to dine out once per quarter to allow for the occasional business meeting or special celebrations
  2. if we are out on business or having a meeting in a coffee house we can order the bare minimum needed to mix in, no need to be bigger freaks than we already are, right? **snort**
  3. coffee does not count, we gave up fancy coffee long ago so the occasional coffee we feel is not a problem
  4. if on a business trip there is no way we will be cooking from a hotel room

2.17.2010

Shopping Day

This was the first day of my 'shopping every 2 weeks' experiment. I have decided that I'll make a Costco run every 2 weeks or so (at least before I run out of coffee) and then I'll buy milk as needed from the local chain store, Kroger. I think once we get the basics established it will be good for us. Of course some things are not available in sizes I want so I'll either order in bulk direct or buy those as needed. I need to figure out how to store 50 pounds of flour, I'm thinking a food grade bucket.

In other news we had our planned dinner out on Sunday. We had a wonderful fundraiser at a local restaurant, Turkey Red. I made Lox and fresh bagels for the auction. They sold & didn't get abandoned at the silent auction(fear of mine!). Dinner was salad, salmon, chicken breast, squash medley, potato medley and cake slices for dessert. It was delicious, the company was better than the food and we made some money to help move the charter school along. And I wore a dress with leggings! A. Dress. I personally don't plan anymore dining out for the rest of the year. We did truly want to participate in the fundraiser so we did. I am glad and I don't regret it, except the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment