Basically the general guidelines

  1. we will allow ourselves to dine out once per quarter to allow for the occasional business meeting or special celebrations
  2. if we are out on business or having a meeting in a coffee house we can order the bare minimum needed to mix in, no need to be bigger freaks than we already are, right? **snort**
  3. coffee does not count, we gave up fancy coffee long ago so the occasional coffee we feel is not a problem
  4. if on a business trip there is no way we will be cooking from a hotel room

3.07.2010

A near miss with kissing 60 dollars goodbye!

We, like every other family who can drive, walk or run, went to see the Star Wars exhibit at the Anchorage Museum of History and Art. And there it was, no not the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon (although it was there and we DID sit in it) the chance to go out to eat. I know we would have gone out and enjoyed far more than our fair share of fried calamari, Thai pizza and good beer at the Brew House. It was there staring us in the face and we said no.

Saying no saved us some serious calories and money. I always eat more when I've had a beer so I'm sure I would have felt sick and greasy and stuffed to the gills. Instead we ate fruit, granola bars and drank our sweet well water in the truck on the way home.

You know I think part of going out to eat is just satisfying the urge to eat. When I'm hungry, I. AM. HUNGRY. Stand back, bring me food wherever I happen to be is where I will eat. I'm a low blood sugar kinda gal and tend to be a bit snappish. I think, for me, the pull of restaurants is instant gratification. I need to eat, it's there, tastes good, damn ate too much, whoa that's expensive, hey pants don't fit, damn.

I was just as happy to sink a tooth into a granola bar and a tangerine. And our wallet was happy too. I have no doubt that our little family without the teenage inhaler would have spent about 60 bucks on a late lunch/early dinner. Expensive I know, but we would have justified it with well we never get to go to the brew house.

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way....if a beer has been drunk, I eat twice as much:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok EXCUSE ME but when we went to the Star Wars exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry there was NOT a Millenium Falcon cockpit and I did NOT get to sit in it. Really freaking jealous right now.

    Congrats on saving the $60 - I'm the exact same way w/ the low blood sugar. I get pissy and snappy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. play bazaarGlobal Leaders sumbssions are trading at Satta King Most popular website Facebook and Twitter are following to this foramtion and inviting on the Global Submit 2020. Inviting to all of you guys. Make it pure wealthy.

    ReplyDelete