Basically the general guidelines

  1. we will allow ourselves to dine out once per quarter to allow for the occasional business meeting or special celebrations
  2. if we are out on business or having a meeting in a coffee house we can order the bare minimum needed to mix in, no need to be bigger freaks than we already are, right? **snort**
  3. coffee does not count, we gave up fancy coffee long ago so the occasional coffee we feel is not a problem
  4. if on a business trip there is no way we will be cooking from a hotel room

4.06.2010

Still Alive and Still Not Eating Out

This last month has gone by so very fast. I am going to estimate we saved 150 dollars since I last posted. We have been out to the movies, shopping trips to Coscto and thrifting adventures and not once did we go out to eat. I did however take a painting class, as a group pizza was ordered and I ate 2 slices. It was good but salty. I guess I'm not used to ingesting so much salt.

Onward to April. Another month of not going out to eat. Some nights I wish I could hit that easy button and order in. Like today I am sick, or past sick but now tired and worn out. I would order dinner in about 3 seconds in a normal year. But now we ate fresh bread and cheese sandwiches. Cheap actually and healthier too.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it crazy how much our tastes change after not eating fake food for awhile? We had McDonald's on a road trip and it didn't even taste like food to me! The texture was way off and too salty. Soda too - it just hurts my teeth it's so sweet, I haven't had it in months. Some of that stuff just stays w/ you for life, too. Like you my mom never really let us drink fruit juice growing up. Even to this day if I get any type of fruit juice the first thing I have to do is mix like 2 parts w/ 1 part water b/c it is so sweet. I much prefer plain water, water w/ fruit in it (such as lemon), or seltzer water. I rarely if ever drink anything else and I'm sure my skin appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete