Basically the general guidelines

  1. we will allow ourselves to dine out once per quarter to allow for the occasional business meeting or special celebrations
  2. if we are out on business or having a meeting in a coffee house we can order the bare minimum needed to mix in, no need to be bigger freaks than we already are, right? **snort**
  3. coffee does not count, we gave up fancy coffee long ago so the occasional coffee we feel is not a problem
  4. if on a business trip there is no way we will be cooking from a hotel room

1.18.2010

Menu Plan For the Week

For anyone who didn't read about it, I avoided the cookie. It was hard. It would have been so easy to eat it. But here's the deal, I live in a small town and I'm pretty sure someone would have seen me buy it or eat or worse try to sneak it. I left, grabbed a gallon of milk and went home to make pancakes. I gotta tell you, if loving Log Cabin Syrup is wrong I don't want to be right. It is good, people.

My meal plan this week is looking something like this:
salmon cakes, french fries, carrots and celery
vegetarian chili, fresh bread, green beans
Mama Tso and Tso chicken, dry fried green beans, brown rice-must order more from Massa Organics!
Vietnamese Pork Chops, Peanut sauce and pasta, snow peas(from our garden last year)
Stromboli-rolled pizza-recipes to come
Baked potatoes with leftover chili
Sushi-I'll post rolling instructions for these rolls too

Baking
bread
blueberry muffins-frozen berries from last summer
cherry blueberry crunch-also frozen last summer

So that's my list. Looks good on paper, we'll see how it pans out.

3 comments:

  1. Yours meals sounds yummy! I also try and use things for two meals, or look into my freezer for ideas. Chili on the baked potatoes sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea of doing weekly baking, too! It eliminates store bought bread and keeps some sweets around to satisfy that craving!

    I always get so annoyed w/ the massive loaves of bread at the grocery store (J only uses it for lunch a few days a week) so I freeze, but then that's not as convenient. I could totally make smaller loaves MYSELF - duh Christina!!

    Can't wait for the rolling instructions! Also, did you use special rice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes Christina I'll post the rice recipe too! it's easy too, course I wouldn't make it if it wasn't!

    I make my baked good for the opposite reason we go through them so fast! And you know I like to make my own w/better ingredients too. No HFCS in my stuff.

    ReplyDelete