Basically the general guidelines

  1. we will allow ourselves to dine out once per quarter to allow for the occasional business meeting or special celebrations
  2. if we are out on business or having a meeting in a coffee house we can order the bare minimum needed to mix in, no need to be bigger freaks than we already are, right? **snort**
  3. coffee does not count, we gave up fancy coffee long ago so the occasional coffee we feel is not a problem
  4. if on a business trip there is no way we will be cooking from a hotel room

1.16.2010

Struggling

So right about now I am struggling. I just finished a pretty major project and I DESERVE a reward right? I'm looking fondly towards the coffee shop counter thinking "what the hell, who cares if I eat a cookie or not?" But I do, because I don't want to be the person who says one thing and as soon as it seems slightly painful does the exact opposite. I don't want to be a wiener.

But damn that cookie looks good. I just finished a grant proposal that was like swimming in mud, impossible. I'm mostly alone ready to head for home after working in a coffee shop to finish up this grant proposal. I'm freaking hungry. I have to go make dinner. I deserve a cookie.

I'm cranky.

4 comments:

  1. I hate it when the "I deserve its" kick in! Every afternoon I get all grumpy thinking about having to cook dinner, and then after I drag myself into the kitchen I do it I wonder why I was being such a whiner about it. Kudos on the eating in goal-we have tried it (not for a whole year) and it is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gasp! The Queen of All is human! ;)
    I struggle w/ this too, especially a LOT more when I was working. One shift I had twice a week was 1pm-8pm on my feet. It required me either getting dinner all set and ready before work for J to put in the oven, crockpot, etc. Or cooking something quick and light after I got home. If I didn't make that effort we almost ALWAYS got take-out or I'd grab something on my way home b/c I felt like I deserved it, or shouldn't have to cook, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted a cookie. didn't get it :) Yes sadly the Queen is human and likes cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you...I don't know if I would have been as strong as you, cookies are definitely my weakness:)

    ReplyDelete