Basically the general guidelines

  1. we will allow ourselves to dine out once per quarter to allow for the occasional business meeting or special celebrations
  2. if we are out on business or having a meeting in a coffee house we can order the bare minimum needed to mix in, no need to be bigger freaks than we already are, right? **snort**
  3. coffee does not count, we gave up fancy coffee long ago so the occasional coffee we feel is not a problem
  4. if on a business trip there is no way we will be cooking from a hotel room

1.20.2010

Money Saved update

oops I realized I haven't updated how much money we have saved in a while. Today because we were at the farm playing/working, we packed a lunch and went to the store afterwards. On days like these my husband always went out to lunch, at 10 bucks a whack, this is going to add up. Then I have been really trying to get out of here and go where I don't have to be concerned with anybody else and work on grant writing, so I head to the local coffee shop. I would normally get a cookie and coffee for 5 bucks, I did this twice this week so I saved at least 10 bucks. And a weekend always meant a lunch out at, I'm going to say we probably would have spent 25 bucks on lunch this weekend. So I'll be adding another 45 bucks to the total. YES!

Next week we have to go to Anchorage to take my husband to the dentist and I know we will NOT be going to the great Korean place we found. I'm bummed but I'll also live. We do have a fundraiser for our new Waldorf inspired Charter School, Birchtree. It's going to be held at a local restaurant, Turkey Red. We are going. We knew it was coming and that is why we made the #1 rule which is we can, if needed, go out for a meal. I would like to think we won't be going out anymore this year but even I the Queen of All can't see that far into the future. I plan NOT to go out, I'll put it that way.

Tonight we, surprise!, veered away from our menu plan and made homemade corn dogs. YUM. I posted the recipe on my blog because they were good. Last night we had Vietnamese Pork Chops, rice with peanut sauce and dry fried green beans. All good, gingery and garlicky. YES!! Perfect for COLD winter days(daze).

No comments:

Post a Comment