Basically the general guidelines

  1. we will allow ourselves to dine out once per quarter to allow for the occasional business meeting or special celebrations
  2. if we are out on business or having a meeting in a coffee house we can order the bare minimum needed to mix in, no need to be bigger freaks than we already are, right? **snort**
  3. coffee does not count, we gave up fancy coffee long ago so the occasional coffee we feel is not a problem
  4. if on a business trip there is no way we will be cooking from a hotel room

1.08.2010

Round Robin Time

Hi everyone! I posted my blog to the Round Robin at Keeping up with the Shultz Family today! If you have not been to Amy's blog you should definitely head on over and check her out, she is one of the sweetest bloggers I know.



If you are coming from the Round Robin at Amy's blog welcome to my year of craziness blog! Yes we really are attempting to go for a whole year without going out to eat. Please take a minute to scroll down and check out our progress. Our basic ground rules are over to the right. Comments and followers are always appreciated, followers do not have to go for a year with eating, out only us! Thank for coming by.

We had a quiet day yesterday no dining out triggers jumping up at us. We stayed home and gathered up school papers for next weeks check in with the homeschool office. Fun! Dinner was vegetarian cabbage rolls, recipe coming soon on Hey what's for diner Mom?

5 comments:

  1. no going out to eat for a year? NONE? omg, good luck! i'm not much of a cooker myself... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an amazing goal. Thanks for showing this. Good luck with your 365. I already lost we went to lunch the other day as a family.. Have a great day. Thanks for showing me your new blog. I know you talked about it but I had not come over yet. Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun blog and great idea! I do like to eat out with my hubs on date night. But I really do need to concentrate on eating in the rest of the time :)

    I love Amy too - she is so nice! Have a wonderful weekend!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an endeavor to take on!
    Can't wait to follow you on this exciting trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We haven't dined out (sit down or drive-up) in months. I'd like to say it is some noble cause or a money saving experiment, but in all honesty, it is ONLY because of the fear of H1N1 exposure. I enjoyed reading your 365 blog and will track your progress...good luck!!

    ReplyDelete